How to make Apple Chips:
“Just like potato chips, but in apple form” – Mr. or Mrs. Obvious
- Preheat your oven to 220-230º degrees
- Place your apples slices on a baking sheet.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a mixing bowl;
- Sprinkle generously, the sugar and cinnamon atop the apple slices
- Dry out the apples in the oven (preheated) until they dry out, which takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Enjoy! Serve up with drinks, maybe cider, and apple donuts.
Method two, using a dehydrator:
Wash and core the apples. Slice apples into ¼ inch thick slices. Place the slices on the trays of an Excalibur dehydrator evenly spaced. For a sweeter flavor, sprinkle the slices with cinnamon and sugar prior to drying.
Set the dehydrator to 135°F and dry until pliable, approximately 10-15 hours. When done let them sit on a cookie sheet for a few hours. Put in an airtight container or zip lock bag and store in a dark dry place.