Finger Lakes Region Apple Picking
– Reisinger’s Apple Country: U-pick apples and picked fruits available in the store with homemade Apple Cider Donuts made every weekend. Reisinger’s fruit is used to make Jams, Jellies and Apple Butter in their processing kitchen. Apple Cider is pressed weekly in their cider room and UV treated. Open during harvest August-November 7days a week, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. http://www.reisingersapplecountry.com/
Apple Tasting Tour
– Wayne County Annual Apple Tasting Tour: Apple taste testing is one way to learn the differences in apples including taste, texture and scent. Each stop on the apple tasting tour is as unique as is the taste and texture of apples. Besides apples, the tour also includes stops at three Wayne County wineries. Travelers can plan on tasting a variety of wines including some amazing fruit wines. Visitors can call (800) 527-6510 for a map for this self-guided tour. www.appletastingtour.com
– Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast: A historic 1846 Cobblestone House located on the Seaway Trail halfway between Rochester and Oswego, Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast boasts apple orchards, walking trails to the lake, outdoor grills and picnic tables on the premises. The property boasts a quarter-mile of private shoreline ideal for fishing on the famous Maxwell Creek (also perfect for canoeing and kayaking). Rates start at $135.www.maxwellcreekinn-bnb.com
Breweries and distilleries alike are utilizing New York State grown ingredients to support local farmers – restoring the region’s tradition of hop growing while initiating a new practice of distilling apples for fresh libations unmatched by mass distilleries.
– Abandon Brewing Company: Abandon Brewing Company is a geothermal powered craft brewery and an operating fruit farm overlooking Keuka Lake. Locally grown hops, barley, apples, herbs and honey will be found across the entire beer offering. Beer enthusiasts can enjoy tastings in the taproom, a pint in the beer hall or out on the deck overlooking the grapes, apples and hops of Abandon Acres. www.abandonbrewing.com
– Apple Country Spirits: A new distillery in the area, Apple Country Spirits just launched a vodka distilled from apples as its first product. TREE vodka is produced with apples grown on the fourth generation family farm, DeFisher Fruit Farms, in the heart of Apple Country. It is a super premium vodka created from 100% all natural, gluten free, locally grown NY apples. Travelers can stop by the tasting room to learn about the distillery and try a sample. www.applecountryspirits.com
– Beak & Skiff Distillery: Beak & Skiff Distillery, which has been making its 1911 Spirits vodka for quite some time now, has officially introduced a small batch gin distilled from apples. Aptly named 1911 Gin (1911 being the year the Beak & Skiff planted its first apple tree) it uses traditional botanicals such as Juniper, Coriander and Citrus as well as an unexpected infusion of apples to create a delicate, dry, clean, crisp taste. www.beakandskiff.com
– Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival: A celebration of food, fun and the fall season. Featuring too many apples to count, each day is full of crafters, entertainment, food, wine, games, rides, farmers markets, and a variety of apple-themed treats! Oct. 3, 2014 www.downtownithaca.com
Please visit www.fingerlakestravelny.com.